***IMPORTANT: ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY***
Due to an increase in unacceptable behavior taking place in our facility, You Reach I Teach has chosen to adopt a Zero Tolerance Policy towards such behavior. The safety of our children has always been our top priority, and we work diligently to maintain a safe and positive environment for all guests. As adults and role models, it is imperative that we serve as a positive force which cannot coexist with negative behavior. We understand the competitive nature of the game however, arguing and fighting is 100% unacceptable and prohibited in the You Reach I Teach facility.
- Spectators should never be on the court nor communicating with the game officials at any point during the games. The only allowable exceptions to addressing an official are:
- 2) Spectator may point out an emergency or safety issues, such as a player injury or observed
- Spectators shall not yell at the officials, coaches, or players, EVER, including criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, discriminatory comments, or negative feedback of any kind before, during, or after the game.
- It is the responsibility of the coaches to promote respect for game officials and support spectator control.
- Coaches shall confine their discussions with the opposing team and game officials to interpretation of the rules and NOT challenge an officials’ judgment call.
1) Spectator may respond to an official who has initiated a conversation with a parent or
- At the discretion of the You Reach I Teach staff, any person not in compliance with the Conduct Standards of the Zero Tolerance Policy will be removed from the event facility, without admission refund, and forbidden to attend future events, pending attendance reinstatement review.
- In the event a coach, athlete, or spectator refuses to vacate the venue upon removal, the team will forfeit the current game and all subsequent games for the event, without refund of entry fee or spectator admissions.
- You Reach I Teach may take any such other corrective action it deems appropriate to assure proper sportsmanship; the safety and well-being of all participants, spectators, officials and event staff; and the integrity and standards of the event. All teams, coaches, players, and spectators are subject to such rulings and corrective actions.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Questions or concerns? Please contact You Reach I Teach at 202-415-4881 or [email protected].